Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hello everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself before we meet in Bedford in a few short weeks.

I recently graduated from Brock University’s Bachelor of Education program in June with qualifications to teach in the Junior and Intermediate divisions with a teachable in History. I completed my undergraduate degree in History and English. I am currently occasional teaching for two school boards in Southern Ontario. I have pursued additional qualifications after being certified by the Ontario College of Teachers in Special Education, Reading, Religion, and in Primary Education. I am committed to pursuing future personal and professional development opportunities such as the Advocacy and Leadership project.

This September I started my Master of Education program (Administration and Leadership in Education stream) at Brock’s Faculty of Education. I am interested in researching elementary school administrators in their role as a leader of inclusion for exceptional students in their school’s professional learning community. Since administrators set the tone and direction of their school, it is fundamental that they encourage and support all members of the professional learning community to facilitate inclusion for all students. I hope to examine this dynamic relationship to enhance my understandings of inclusion in a functioning learning community and participate in the discussion that this project will provide.

I look forward to gaining through this internship experience, a greater understanding of the issue of inclusiveness that I can bring to my current teaching vocation and provide me with a foundation for further research inquiry. I am thrilled to be considered for this opportunity to study and work abroad through professional dialogue with professors and colleagues in an international learning community setting regarding this important topic.

Project Details:
Transportation: I am arriving in London on May 16; Flying into London Heathrow via Air India at 10:30am.
Accommodations: Homestay TBD
Practicum Placement: Biddenham Upper School, Biddenham, Bedfordshire

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
James

1 comment:

  1. Hi!!! everyone, I will leave Halifax,NS on Sat.May 16th and arrive at Heathrow Sun 9:35am . I plan to stay an extra week and return home on July 4th.

    ReplyDelete